Oban flooded in December 2013 and again in October 2014. The area near to the store site is prone to flooding during extreme high tides, large fluvial events or backup in the local sewer network. Therefore, the new building was identified as requiring flood mitigation measures.
The main contractors Dickie & Moore were appointed to provide flood protection measures for a new build Lidl Store in Oban, Scotland. They specified Flood Defender Barriers as the ideal solution to provide flood protection for the store.
The Flood Defender barrier is lightweight yet strong, so it can be installed quickly and easily in a flood risk situation.
- Suitable for use in listed buildings
- Can be retro fitted or used in new build construction
- Made from recycled polypropylene
- Allows air to freely pass through complying with BS493:1995
- Easy to install
- Integrated mesh unit stops insects and debris entering